Attorney in Mammoth Lakes, CA
The Law Offices of Sophie C. Bidet is a full-service firm offering empathetic, effective, and efficient legal representation in family law and criminal defense in the Mono County and Inyo County.
Prior to founding Law Offices of Sophie C. Bidet, I practiced family law at a preeminent family law firm in Los Angeles, Trope and Trope. I was involved in a wide spectrum of family law matters, including highly contested custody battles, amicable dissolutions and multi-million dollar estates.
In 2013, I moved to the Eastern Sierra, where I continue to practice family law with an emphasis on being a Court appointed attorney for children involved in contested custody issues. My practice is also devoted to criminal defense as I am an independently contracted Public Defender for Mono County, representing individuals charged with misdemeanors, felonies, and parents in the throes of dependency matters. I was also a public defender in Inyo County for nearly 6 years.
My experience in highly contested dissolution matters coupled with my skills as a negotiator and trial attorney in criminal defense issues, have provided me with insight into strategies to assist my clients going through some of the most life challenging moments.
As a family law mediator, I assist estranged couples in finding solutions that minimize attorneys’ fees and reduces the emotional stress inherent in protracted litigious hearings.
As a criminal defense attorney, I zealously represent my clients throughout the process, from arraignment, to bail study hearings, through preliminary hearing and, if necessary, to jury or court trial.
- University of California, San Diego: B.A. Economics.
- University of San Francisco, School of Law.
- Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star
- Appellate work includes the unpublished California Court of Appeal Case Reynaga v. Reynaga, 2010, Cal.App. Unpub.8614
- Trope and Trope LLP: Family Law Attorney
- Buter, Buzard, Dunaetz & Fishbein: Family Law Attorney.
- White, Zuckerman, Luna, Wolf and Hunt: Forensic Accounting Analyst for Family Law cases and other general civil law matters.
- Employee Benefits Security Administration: Analyst for ERISA based plans.
- Clifford Chance, Paris, France: Intern